- Reference: BM13999
- Location: Hampshire
- Salary: £Neg
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: General Insurance
- Contact: Alister Brown
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01622661633
Barker Munro Insurance Recruitment are delighted to be working with a major Personal Lines Insure who are expanding their Data Analytics Departments to recruit an Actuarial Analyst. Within the Capital modelling team which consists of both junior and senior analytical experts.
You’ll be supporting the Non-Life business and Technical Provisions to the value of c. £2bn and working in close partnership with our UK Finance and Risk functions, and cross functionally with the Group Finance and Risk divisions based in Brussels.
There’s an emphasis on collaborative working within the Actuarial team and as such this Actuarial Analyst opportunity is fairly fluid. While the aim is for team members to gain specific in-depth expertise in certain areas, there’s also the expectation for everyone to achieve sufficient breadth of knowledge to be able to stand-in for other team members.
We offer frequent opportunities to volunteer for cross-team projects which range from solving key challenges facing the wider business, to more experimental topics such as “machine learning” and “Big Data”. We also champion and support you in Actuarial studies.
Some of the key accountabilities in the Actuarial Analyst role include;
• The management of Capital and Solvency models.
• Solvency reporting, which involves, using models to estimate the Technical Provisions for the Solvency II Balance Sheet and calculating Solvency Capital Requirements.
• Other responsibilities include supporting the delivery of business plans by forecasting solvency and risk appetite, and providing explanations for the key drivers.
Here’s the experience you’ll need to bring to the Actuarial Analyst team;
• A degree in Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent.
• A part of fully qualified Actuary (we provide full study support). We will also consider those that have not started but have a strong motivation to undertake the exams.
• Experience of capital modelling for insurance products would be an advantage. We’ll consider you if you have a strong regulated or financial services background.
• In particular you’ll have experience of using capital modelling software such as Remetrica.
• You’ll have advanced Excel skills, intermediate Word, PowerPoint and VBA programming.
• Experience of using statistical software such as R or SAS would be an advantage.
• You’ll need an inquisitive mind with the ability to solve complex problems and be able to clearly communicate these (both written and verbal) to UK team members and stakeholders.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and attributes for this position with a Top 10 Personal Lines Insurance Company please do not hesitate to send your CV to Barker Munro Insurance Recruitment using the links provided.