Assistant Actuarial Analyst
- Reference: BM14000
- Location: Hampshire
- Salary: £Neg
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: General Insurance
- Contact: Alister Brown
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01622661633
Assistant Actuarial Analyst
Barker Munro Insurance Recruitment are delighted to be working with a major Personal Lines Insure who are expanding their Data Analytics Departments to recruit an Assistant Actuarial Analyst. Within the Capital modelling team which consists of both junior and senior analytical experts.
The role is likely to have a rotational element between the Technical Pricing and Capital Modelling functions to develop and implement state-of-the-art actuarial models, deploying the latest data science techniques. The actuarial department is a business-critical unit, working at a high level with stakeholders across the whole business.
This role has a strong research and development focus, so the ideal candidate will need to be a very proactive, self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and independent research experience, and the proven ability to drive complex projects through the complete development cycle, from early conceptualisation to implementation. This position would suit a candidate with a PhD in a numerate discipline, looking to leave academia and make an impact in the business.
Main Responsibilities for the Assistant Actuarial Analyst:
• Creating complex, robust actuarial models and interpreting the results to deliver high impact, innovative pricing a capital management.
• Assisting in the production of ad-hoc actuarial and statistical analysis. Working with stakeholders across the company to solve a wide range of business problems.
• Producing reports, documentation and presentations to communicate the results of actuarial analyses to key stakeholders.
• Identifying opportunities to challenge and improve existing methodologies, deploying new analytical techniques that deliver new insights and tangible operational improvements.
Key Skills and experience for the Assistant Actuarial Analyst:
• 2.1 Or above degree in a numerate discipline: for example, but not limited to, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or Actuarial Science.
• A PhD or a research-based Masters is highly desirable for this role.
• Grade ‘A’ in Maths A-Level.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret data extract insights from analyses and drive the direction of research projects.
• Problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity, with a willingness to challenge accepted practise to drive business innovation.
• Strong communication skills, with proven experience presenting the results of complex projects and techniques to varied audiences.
• Knowledge in the use of statistical programming language (e.g. Python, R, SAS, Matlab) would be desirable.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and attributes for this position with a Top 10 Personal Lines Insurance Company please do not hesitate to send your CV to Barker Munro Insurance Recruitment using the links provided.