Company Name: Barker Munro Recruitment Ltd (‘the Company’)
The Data Controller is:
Barker Munro Recruitment Limited.
Registered in the UK and Company Number is 07354927.
Barker Munro Recruitment Ltd
The Data Controller’s representative is Heather Parkhouse
Contact details: GDPR@barkermunro.co.uk
Phone: 01622 661633
What do we do?
Barker Munro Recruitment Ltd is a recruitment agency which provides work finding/candidate finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application to a vacancy or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a job board and occasionally from another Recruitment Agency or LinkedIn. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
Barker Munro Recruitment Ltd will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
The information we may collect
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- CV/work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- Any other work related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
- In addition and where relevant, your nationality and basis for working in the UK as required by law. Where necessary we will also collect a copy of your driving license and/or passport/identity card; and any other personal information you choose to tell us.
- We will keep a log of all/some of our communications via email and telephone.
We also collect information to provide us with a better understanding of the users of our website as a group, but which does not contain personally identifiable information.
How we use your information
Personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To provide our recruitment services to you, whether you are a client, candidate or a user of our website
- Enable you to submit your CV or to apply for specific jobs directly or via a third party.
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate
- Provide information on suitable job opportunities to candidates who register with us, to match your skill set with suitable vacancies and to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you
- Occasional internal reporting
- To fulfill contractual obligations with our clients
- Share market insights, intelligence and information directly to your personal email address
- We will also share information about relevant services that may be of interest to you. You will always be able to unsubscribe from such marketing at any time.
There are two main ways in which we collect your personal data:
- Directly from you
- From third parties including job boards.
Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will
process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal
basis we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest – processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject
- Consent – The individual gives his or her consent to the processing of his or her data for a particular purpose
Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate
interests is/are as follows:
- The company is required to process personal data in order to provide work-finding services
- The company is required to process personal data in order to provide relevant marketing
material / industry insight / intelligence to individuals
We aim is to be responsible, relevant and secure when using your data. Barker Munro Recruitment Ltd provides bespoke recruitment solutions to the Insurance industry as well as marketing relating to industry news, top talent or new roles. The main reason for using your personal details is to help you find work or in the case of contacts, to ensure that the contractual arrangements between us can properly be implemented so that the relationship can run smoothly and to keep you updated with any candidates seeking work which we feel may be suitable for your organisation.
Recipient/s of data
We only share your personal information with 3rd parties, with your permission which will be requested either by email or over the telephone.
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary to perform our duties. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
Where the Company has obtained the legal right to process your personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy of 2 years. If we have not had meaningful contact with you upon expiry of that period, the Company will cease to process your personal data.
If we have found you employment, we will retain your data for a period of 4 years in order to ensure that you are not actively contacted about new opportunities as this could breach the contract with the employing business. If you would like to request that your details are removed at anytime, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Heather Parkhouse on 01622 661633.
Data protection Rights
From 25/05/2018 please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to exercise your right to any of the above and we will action within 72 hours.
Withdrawal of consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to process your data at any time. In order to do so you should contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to be forgotten/Right to erasure
If you would like all your personal information permanently erased, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling Heather Parkhouse on 01622 661633.
If you want to stop receiving emails about possible job opportunities, industry news or candidate profiles, please do not hesitate to let us know so we can amend our files. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Heather Parkhouse on 01622 661633.
We take the safety of holding your Personal data seriously and ensure we are using secure methods to store it. We use Microdec as our Data Processor to store you data. Microdec regularly carries out manual and automatic network penetration testing using third party testers. Their network is under continuous management and is subject to regular vulnerability scans.
Encrypted restorable backups are made at regular intervals in both online and tape formats and are held at an alternative secure location. Microdec has a disaster recovery plan in the event of a total loss of the data centre.
Microdec does not share clients’ data with any third parties without their clients express instruction. Any such data transfer between organisations will always be in accordance with GDPR standards and our own documented processes.
We do everything we can to protect user information including passwords protection to all devices that we use to access your information and secure shredding of paper files. We will regularly review our security and processes.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering
information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We only collect enough data from our supplier to ensure that our relationship runs smoothly. We collect the details for our contacts within your organisation, including names, telephone numbers, email addresses and bank details for payment purposes only if required. We may also hold extra information that someone in your organisation has chosen to tell us.
Our website links to other sites.
Our website contains links to other websites which we feel may be of interest. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Please exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us so we can resolve it immediately.
You have the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office directly at www.ico.org.uk.
If you would like to make contact in connection with any of these or if you have any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices please contact Heather Parkhouse, Email: email@example.com or GDPR@barkermunro.co.uk
Phone: 01622 661633.
We will ensure we deal with your enquiry with 72 hours.
Additional notes for clients
Barker Munro recruitment Ltd guarantees that we will not sell or rent your information to third
You will not be subject to constant marketing calls.
Your details will be used in the following ways:
- Your contact details, phone numbers, email address, job title and work address with be stored on Microdec Profile database which is password protected and only accessed by employees of Barker Munro Recruitment Ltd.
- Information you have provided us about vacancies or your organisation either over the telephone, face to face or via email will be stored on our system which is password protected. Any paper files will be scanned and then securely shredded. This information may be shared with candidates on our database who have expressed an interest in working for you.
- We will use your details to contact you in respect of recruitment related services.
- We may share publicly available information about you and your company to our candidates in respect to our activities as a recruiter.
- You can ask for your data to be removed or amended at any time by contacting Heather Parkhouse at Barker Munro via email, phone or in writing.