Compliance monitoring officer
- Reference: BM14650
- Location: East Sussex
- Salary: £30,000 - £38,000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: General Insurance
- Contact: Heather Parkhouse
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01622 661633
Compliance Monitoring Officer
£30,000 – £38,000
Barker Munro Recruitment ltd is recruiting for an impressive insurance company for an opening to join their compliance monitoring team.
This is a great opportunity where you will get involved in a wide variety of projects reviewing processes across the whole business and reporting on your findings. You will assess and provide independent assurance of compliance with key regulatory and statutory rules, regulations, principles and codes of practice.
You’ll ensure a consistent approach to governance, control and documentation is applied across the business, identifying, assessing and discussing any breaches promptly with relevant representatives from management.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Have an understanding of FCA and have experience within the Financial services/Insurance sector.
- Be approachable, great questioning skills and be able to obtain information from others
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent at building and maintaining relationships
- Good influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisation, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Monitor own progress against the Compliance Plan
- Provide effective feedback to management with regard to this monitoring activity, gathering evidence to confirm that any remedial action required is completed
- Produce Compliance Monitoring Reports.
This role can be home based although there will be a requirement to go an office once a quarter. Due to the role being remote, you’ll need to have the following personal qualities;
- Demonstrating an independence of mind
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
If you have experience in either a role which involves compliance monitoring, quality assurance or peer mentoring, you could be suitable for this role.
Please send your CV to Barker Munro Recruitment to apply for this Compliance Monitoring Officer role by using the relevant links.