- Reference: BM14623
- Location: City of London
- Salary: £65,000 - £70,000
- Job Type: Contract
- Sector: General Insurance
- Contact: Heather Parkhouse
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01622661633
£70,000 12 month FTE
Barker Munro Recruitment has a new 12 month contract for a talented actuarial expert to join the Actuarial team of a lading Insurance company. In this role, you’ll be working alongside senior stakeholders and others across the business in a role where you’ll be a custodian of the IFRS17 regulations and manage the actuarial activities across the company for IFRS17.
As Actuarial Manager you’ll support in the design, implementation and embedding of a business change programme. To ensure first class, cost effective and efficient compliance with Risk Management and other Actuarial aspects of IFRS17, along with the transformation of existing process/modelling techniques. This business are adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering their staff to balance their time between home and either London or Ipswich in a way that works best for them, their team and our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the way with coordinating and managing the actuarial activities across health and insurance on IFRS17 project.
- Identify and support team with automation around activities for IFRS17.
- Support health and insurance team on technical matters.
- Help improve finance interface work currently undertaken by Heads of reserving, to support improvement, automation activities around booking especially as we move towards IFRS17.
- Excellent mathematical skills with at least a 2.1 degree or higher in a mathematics related discipline or evidence of equivalent proficiency.
- Sound knowledge of IFRS17 concepts and ability to grasp significance of technical issues.
- In-depth knowledge of actuarial work for Insurers.
- Effective communication skills
- A continuous appetite to learn and develop skills.
- Experience with actuarial programs and tools.
- Competitive annual salary dependent on experience
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
If this Actuarial Manager role is of interest, please send your CV to Barker Munro Recruitment via the relevant links.